30 Rules To Live By
We learn so many lessons as we get older, and the success we achieve is often determined by the rules we decide to follow. Every single one of us have rules we live by, whether we realise it or not, and some of those rules have a huge impact on our lives.
Here are a few of the rules I have learned so far:
- Never assume. Always question everything.
- Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- Always trust your gut.
- Help others without expecting anything in return.
- Never settle for second best.
- Never stop learning.
- Give credit where it’s due.
- Love what you do, or leave.
- If you open it, close it.
- Be a giver, not a taker.
- Never spend your money before you have it.
- When you’re angry, count to ten. If you’re very angry, count to 100.
- Never kill a spider.
- Help yourself first, so that you have more capacity to help others.
- Learn to be open to criticism, no matter how hard it may be.
- Don’t tell everyone all your problems all the time, you just become a pain.
- Never give out second chances; if they do it once they WILL do it again.
- Don’t gossip or speak badly of anyone.
- Never cheat on anyone, you will ruin their perception of love and trust forever, and that is the worst thing you could do to anyone.
- Never put off something for “tomorrow” that you can accomplish today.
- Share your knowledge; its a great way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Never trouble someone to do something for you that you could do yourself.
- Work for a cause, not for applause.
- Never go to sleep on a row; always resolve your issues.
- Make peace with your past, so that it doesn’t ruin your future.
- Give it time; time heals almost everything, I promise.
- What others think of you is none of your business.
- Forgive your enemies, but remember their name.
- Something my grandad once told me: A happy wife is a happy life.
You are the victim of the rules you live by, so make sure that you’re a victim of fabulous-ness.
Do you have any rules that YOU live by? If so, let us know in the comments.
Like this post? Why not follow me on Bloglovin’ and keep up to date with all of my latest ramblings… here!
August 16, 2018
August 09, 2016
May 13, 2016