Things I Wish I Learned In My Teens
This is a ‘short’ list of all of the things I wish I had learned in my teens, it probably would have saved me a lot of hell, heartache, and hassle, (but who am I kidding!? Like I’d have listened to this advice anyway! But you should, seriously!)
• Don’t look up to anyone, unless it’s Robert Downey Jr. He knows everything.
• Trust your gut, because it’s usually right.
• Life is too short for small talk and bad relationships. So, go find someone who talks you to death, WOW’s you with their brilliant mind, and treats you EXACTLY how you deserve to be treated.
• If you find yourself thinking, “wait, I can’t say that, he’ll/she’ll think I’m weird and fucked up,” ditch them and find someone who responds with something twice as weird and three times as fucked up.
• Stay away from people who make you feel like you are hard to love.
• If it feels wrong, don’t do it.
• Stay away from drama and negativity, just walk the hell away from it. Those girls at college start picking on other girls for how they choose to dress or whatever else, you walk the hell away.
• You can be in a relationship for two years and feel nothing; you can be in a relationship for 2 months and feel everything. Time is not a measure of quality; of infatuation, or of love, remember that.
• Don’t speak badly of an ex, (unless they killed your cat then hell we’ll even help you hunt him down!) it will always surprise them to hear you didn’t give in to the opportunity of letting everyone know of their mistakes.
• Never send nudes, no matter how pressured you feel, just say “hey, no, f you.”
• If you don’t end up smiling while you are kissing someone, you are probably kissing the wrong person.
• Be somebody nobody thought you could be. Prove everybody wrong.
• Try to learn something new everyday, it’ll pay off eventually, if only to win you that free jaigërbomb in that stupid pub quiz.
• It took me a long time to realise this, but if a boy (or girl) doesn’t want you, it is not your fault, it does not define who you are, cry and wallow and eat ice cream and then move on.
• Never date anyone who talks smoothly around you from the start because if someone likes you they should be at least a little nervous.
• One slice of Pizza will not make you gain ten pounds, unless you have a really slow metabolism in which case, you should probably see a doctor.
• Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is absolutely nothing atall.
• Never touch anything with half of your heart.
• Be kind to your body, it’s the only thing really rooting for you, your body lives for YOU, do not harm it.
• And lastly, if you love someone, tell them, because hearts are often broken by words left unspoken 😉
Is there anything you wish you had learned in YOUR teens? Let me know in the comments.
Love, Kirsty XO
May 15, 2016
May 13, 2016
April 15, 2016